The excitement for Hour of Code (Dec. 3-9) is mounting! Dancing with the Stars may be over, but Dancing with the Robots has officially begun! In anticipation of Code.org’s creativity theme this year, we are asking you all to share your robot’s best dance moves with us on Twitter @WonderWorkshop with the hashtags #FunWithWonder and #HourOfCode. From now until the end of December, we will be watching for such dance party and music videos. On New Year’s Day, we will award our very own version of a mirrorball trophy — a one-of-a-kind mirrorball Dash!
(just you wait … photo coming)
What are we looking for? Well, we know that Dash and Cue have the moves and enjoy any STEAM endeavor, so you use your imagination to:
- have one of the robots dance to your favorite song (Code.org even created a Spotify playlist)
- host a free-for-all robot dance fest with multiple robots
- sync five robots to one device for a group dance
- create a synchronized marching band with the xylophone accessory and Xylo app
- add flair with unique costumes using the Building Brick Connectors for your performance
- dance (and sing!) alongside your robots
- show off your own best moves by dancing like a robot
There are endless possibilities! Take a look at some of our favorites that you’ve shared with us in the past. And bring on the dance party!
— Jen Ellison, M.Ed💕 (@jellison23) March 16, 2017
Remember, tag us @WonderWorkshop with the hashtags
#FunWithWonder and #HourOfCode from from now until December 31st.
And do check out our Get Ready for the Hour of Code blog article for ideas on participating in the Hour of Code, plus links to our brand-new printable activity packets and to register for our free Your Complete Guide to the Hour of Code webinar on Dec. 3 at 5:00 p.m. EST, along with details about our special promotions.